VISION & MISSION
To be a leading center of excellence in teaching, learning, research, and scholarship in Siddha Medicine.
To produce competent graduates with sound knowledge and skills in Siddha Medicine and Surgery who could serve in the National Health Care System and engage in research and innovation in Siddha Medicine with special emphasis on the social, economic, and spiritual development to foster and promote the cultural heritage.
On completion of the BSMS programme graduates should be able to perform the following in their professional careers.
- Diagnose the various diseases and other health-related problems in the community, and plan and implement appropriate preventive, curative, and rehabilitative measures.
- Recommend and implement activities that promote the health of individuals, family, and communities towards better wellbeing.
- Conduct in a work harmoniously as a team member in a health care delivery system.
- Educate and train Siddha allied health care workers.
- Exhibit integrity in their professional affairs.
- Maintain high ethical conduct in their relationship with patients, colleagues, and the community.
- Manage and carry out health-related research expected by the Stakeholders.
- Collect and use ancient and modern information to be innovative and engaging in lifelong learning.
- Develop skills for identifying the herbs, minerals and metals as well as animal product to prepare the Siddha drugs by themselves.
- Recognize social, cultural diversity within the unity