VISION & MISSION
To be a leading center of excellence in teaching, learning, research and scholarship in Siddha Medicine.
To produce competent graduates with sound knowledge and skills in Siddha Medicine and Surgery who could serve in the National Health Care System and engage in research and innovation in Siddha Medicine with special emphasis on the social, economic and spiritual development to foster and promote the cultural heritage.
On completion of the BSMS programme graduates should be able to perform the following in their professional careers.
- Diagnose the various diseases and other health related problems in the community, and plan and implement appropriate preventive, curative and rehabilitative measures.
- Recommend and implement activities which promote the health of individuals, family and community towards better wellbeing.
- Conduct in a work harmoniously as a team member in a health care delivery system.
- Educate and train Siddha allied health care workers.
- Exhibit integrity in their professional affairs.
- Maintain high ethical conduct in their relationship with patients, colleagues and the community.
- Manage and carryout health related research expected by the Stakeholders.
- Collect and use ancient and modern information to be innovative and engaging in lifelong learning.
- Develop skills for identifying the herbs, minerals and metals as well as animal product to prepare the Siddha drugs by themselves.
- Recognize social, cultural diversity within the unity